The focus this month for Central/Western TAC has been developing partnerships across our region via our needs assessment survey, phone calls, and visits to various schools and communities. These partnerships are absolutely invaluable as we explore the many strengths, areas for growth, and priorities in our region. We are here to support you!
In addition to collaborating with BOCES, school districts, and cross-sector partners, we have been busy planning regional events such as:
- March 26, Binghamton: University-Assisted Community Schools
- May 4, Rochester: 2019 Center for Urban Education Success (CUES) Symposium
- May 9, Wayne County: Community Schools and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- May 16, Syracuse: Leading Effective Cross-Sector Partnerships between Schools and Agencies
Please visit the Central/Western NY TAC page for more information and to register – there is no cost for any of the events!
In collaboration with the Eastern CS TAC, we have also been planning webinars! The first webinar will be held on March 8th from 12-1 on the Community Schools COSER.
Future webinars will cover a variety of topics such as:
- Self care for anyone working with children and youth
- Creating a healing-centered learning environment
- Fostering a school culture and climate centered around caring
- Building effective partnerships
Please check our Webinars/Training page for updates on webinars.
We are eager to hear and learn from you! Please contact us with questions, opportunities to engage with your school or district, or to connect with our CS TAC team:
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 607-777-9383
Special Report: Community Classroom
Check out the following news story about how Elmira City School District is expanding their innovative Community Schools model with a new Behavioral Intervention Center.