- This event has passed.
Community Schools Fundamentals Conference
October 26, 2021 – October 29, 2021
The National Center for Community Schools at Children’s Aid presents the virtual edition of the Community Schools Fundamentals Conference, a learning experience designed specifically for those new or relatively new to community schools. Now more than ever, community schools are the right strategy to support students, families, and neighborhoods. We’ll share lessons learned from nearly 30 years of implementation in New York City and nationwide capacity building, as well as promising practices emerging from the COVID era. In addition to attending a virtual school visit to a Children’s Aid community school, participants will learn about the foundations and the updated “nuts and bolts” of community school practice.
Join us on this virtual journey to deepen your understanding of community schools and network with other school and community leaders from across the country!
What’s on the Agenda?
In addition to a number of plenary sessions and interactive concurrent workshops, we are holding virtual site visits to a group of Children’s Aid community schools. Download the Agenda At a Glance for more information.
Who Should Attend?
The Fundamentals Conference is open to the general public. It is designed for individuals or teams from schools and communities that want to learn how to organize and sustain meaningful partnerships around student success, strong families, and healthier neighborhoods. If you would like to discuss your team’s composition with us, please do not hesitate to contact us – ideally before you register.
There are a limited number of slots available for the conference, so we encourage you to register immediately. Please note:
- What’s included?: Paid registration includes all plenary sessions and workshops, virtual school visits, and access to recordings.
- Group discount: If you are registering a group of four or more, please be sure to select the “Team of 4+” option to receive a 5% discount.
- Forms of payment: We accept credit cards, checks, ACH, and purchase orders; if paying by purchase order, they must be received by October 8, 2021.
- Processing fee: Eventleaf will add a 6% processing fee to the total cost of your registration for credit card charges.
- Cancellation: You may cancel your registration by October 1, 2021, for a full refund (less a 10% administration fee). No refunds after October 1, 2021.