Eastern NYS Community Schools Conference at Manhattanville College
October 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Learn from our team of experts on school-based health clinics, trauma-informed care, family engagement, mental health, mentoring, expanded learning time, leadership, aligning systems that support a community school strategy, the nuts and bolts of community schools, and more!
Friday, October 4, 2019
8:00 am -9:30 am: Community Schools 101
(optional; please note your participation when you register)
9:30 am – 3:30 pm: full conference
Workshops will be led by experts and practitioners, including:
- Dr. Ray Sanchez (Keynote Speaker), Superintendent, Ossining Union Free School District
- Miriam Avila, North Rockland Central School District
- Dr. Andrew Bell, Westchester County Department of Community Mental Health
- Janice Chu-Zhu, Children’s Aid National Center for Community Schools
- Maria Flores, Peekskill City School District
- Lissette Gomez, Director of Special Projects, National Center for Community Schools
- Megan Mastrogiacomo, Ossining Union Free School District
- Dr. David Mauricio, Peekskill City School District
- Dr. Kevin McCahill, Nanuet Union Free School District
- Theresa McSweeney, New York State United Teachers
- Rose Ann Mercado, Nanuet Family Resource Center
- Dr. Jen Siaca Curry, Change Impact
- Carrieann Sipos, Ossining Union Free School District
- Carolyn Williams, New York State United Teachers
The day will also include an opportunity to meet Dr. JoAnne Ferrara, author and associate dean at Manhattanville College, along with a raffle to win a copy of her recently published book, Community Schools: People and Places Transforming Education and Communities.
Click the registration link below to learn more about the workshop offerings and presenters!