Webinar Series: Building Protective Factors for Yourself and the School Community — The School Leader Series
April 30, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – June 4, 2020 @ 3:30 pm
This series is brought to you by Sound Supports, LLC, Northwest PBIS Network, and the Association of Washington School Principals in partnership with the school mental health supplement to the Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center.
The School Leader Series is part of The Well-Being Series – Connections During COVID-19: Mental Wellness Webinars for Families and Educators. Click here to learn more about ourseries of webinars for kids, parents, and educators, focusing on mental wellness and suicide prevention.
RECORDING & PRESENTATION MATERIALS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE FOR ALL 3 WEBINARS AFTER EACH EVENT.
WHAT: This webinar series is focused on the role of the school leader in creating and maintaining a positive climate and culture virtually during the global pandemic and in the building upon the return to school. We know these are challenging times and want to provide information you can use immediately and to use for the plans to return to school as part of your MTSS framework. The series is broken into three 90-minute sessions on three separate dates. *Please note that the last session is a chance to get your questions addressed LIVE!
- Part 1: (April 30th) Here and Now: Understanding Trauma and Steps to Take Today with your Staff >> REGISTER HERE
- Presentation PDF
- Recording – COMING SOON!
- Part 2: (May 14th) Re-entry: Planning Ahead for Coming Back Together >> REGISTER HERE
- Part 3: (June 4th) Discussion – LIVE Q & A with series presenters and guest school leaders >> REGISTER HERE
*All webinars are from 1 – 2:30PM (PST)
- Describe how trauma/extreme stress impacts our ability to learn, and executive functioning skills
- Identify guiding ideas, and concrete steps, school leaders can take to support teachers, families, and themselves emotionally
- Identify how the core features of MTSS, including systems, practices, and data, can be shaped to address build protective factors for the school community now.
- Identify how the core features of MTSS, including systems, practices, and data, can be shaped to address build protective factors for the school community once your students are back in the building.
*Clock hours are provided for all 3 events.