- This event has passed.
St. Lawrence-Lewis Regional Meeting
April 29 All day
Learn about the nuts and bolts of community schools and network with community school professionals.
Research and experience suggest the four pillars of community schools – integrated student supports; expanded learning time and opportunities; family and community engagement; and collaborative leadership and practices – are critical to supporting the well-being and academic success of students. We invite you to join us for a day of learning, sharing, and networking that will provide you with actionable resources to bring back to your school and district.
Sessions will be available for both beginner and advanced community school champions, so all are welcome! Topics covered will be selected based on your requests identified in your RSVP, but might include:
- Getting started with community schools
- Implementing expanded learning and after school programs
- Engaging families and caregivers
- The role of the community school director
- Assessing needs and developing a strategic vision and plan
- Teacher leadership in community schools
- Using trauma-informed and healing-based practices
Lunch will be provided and please consider attending as a school/district team.
The Eastern New York Community Schools Technical Assistance Center (TAC) serves NYSED districts 3, 4, 9, and 10. Our goals are to build and enhance:
- A professional learning community among community school directors, principals, and district staff implementing community schools
- Capacity to understand and implement core components of the community school model
- Relationships among experts and practitioners
Need more information? Please contact Sephora Jean-Leger, Eastern TAC Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details!