- This event has passed.
Q&A Session: Student Life Skills to Survive & Thrive During COVID-19 & Beyond
June 16 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Student Life Skills to Survive & Thrive During COVID-19 & Beyond
The Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center is partnering with Forefront Suicide Prevention Center & DBT in Schools to bring you a 16-lesson online curriculum for DBT STEPS-A and 2 Q&A sessions with the trainers.
This series is part of The Well-Being Series – Connections During COVID-19: Mental Wellness Webinars for Families and Educators. Click here to learn more about our series of webinars for kids, parents, and educators, focusing on mental wellness and suicide prevention.
ALL RECORDINGS & PRESENTATION MATERIALS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE AFTER EACH EVENT.
16-Lesson DBT STEPS-A Online Lessons
Tuesday and Thursday mornings April 21, 2020 – June 16, 2020
*All live streams will take place from 10 – 11am (Pacific Time)
>> Subscribe to their YouTube channel and join live.
Join Doctors Jim & Lizz Mazza & family in their living room as they teach kids the basics of emotional regulation and specific skills such as mindfulness, distress tolerance and interpersonal effectiveness—essential skills at any time, but even more critical during COVID-19. Our kids — all of us — are upended emotionally right now. Tune in with your kids to help you reduce conflict and to keep this pandemic in perspective.
- Tune in to YouTube live for the Tuesday and Thursday morning sessions here.
- Video recordings or each lesson will be available here after each session. Transcripts will be available by request only.
- It is not necessary to watch these lessons in order. You can join in the series at anytime and catch up with the recorded videos!
- Audience: Parents, students, educators, and more!
Upcoming Weekly Schedule:
- June 11, 2020 (Summary Q&A for Students): Putting It All Together & Preparing for Summer
- June 16, 2020 (Q&A for Parents): Register here or see below.
- April 21, 2020 (Lessons 3 & 4): Core Mindfulness – Wise Mind & What Skills
- April 23, 2020 (Lessons 4 & 5): Core Mindfulness – What & How Skills
- April 28, 2020 (Lesson 17): Emotional Regulation – Check the Facts
- April 30, 2020 (Lesson 17): Emotional Regulation – Opposite Action
- May 5, 2020 (Lesson 18): Emotional Regulation – Accumulating Positive
- May 7, 2020 (Lesson 19): Emotional Regulation – Building Mastery & Coping Ahead
- May 12, 2020 (Lesson 21): Emotional Regulation – Wave Skill: Mindfulness of Current Emotions
- May 14, 2020 (Lesson 3): Core Mindfulness – Wise Mind
- May 19, 2020 (Q&A for Parents)
- May 21, 2020 (Lesson 2): Dialectical Thinking
- May 23, 2020 (Lessons 27 & 28): Interpersonal Effectiveness – GIVE & FAST
- May 26, 2020 (Lesson 26): Interpersonal Effectiveness – DEAR MAN
- May 28, 2020 (Lesson 28): Interpersonal Effectiveness – Evaluating Options
- June 2, 2020 (Lesson 7): Distress Tolerance – Self-Soothe
- June 4, 2020 (Lesson 8): Distress Tolerance – TIP
Live Q&A Session with Jim and Lizz Mazza
June 16th, 2020
*10 – 11am (Pacific Time)
>> Registration Required.
Have you been watching the Mazza’s live or online videos as they support their kids and your kids in developing DBT, otherwise known as, critical life skills? Do you have any questions about their lessons might translate into your own home? A school setting? Have you read their book or attended their past training on DBT in schools? Well, don’t miss the opportunity to ask whatever questions you may have of them when they do live Q&A session on June 16th, 2020.
- If you want to submit your questions beforehand, there will be an opportunity to do so on the registration site.
- Registration is required for the live Q&A event, unlike the live and recorded Youtube lessons. See registration links below.
- Audience: Parents & educators.
June 16th: Register here
Click here to learn more about our series of webinars for kids, parents, and educators, focusing on mental wellness and suicide prevention.